FIRST 18 MONTHS & CHANGING SCHEDULES: Are you as prepared for all of the schedule changes to come as this little one is for the pool😎??? We didn't think so! Don't worry - our Lovebug app📱has got your back!
We know a child sleep needs are drastically different from an adults. But in the first 1️⃣8️⃣ months of life, sleep needs change RAPIDLY 🐆. The first 18 months are filled with almost monthly schedule changes and sleep regressions. Its hard to keep with their growing brains 🧠 and changing needs. That's why we're here!
We have shared some general sleep guidelines below. If you are anything like us, it will entirely overwhelm you. How annoying that the ranges are wide and each child will approach sleep differently? It is important to know that all babies are unique and different, and some will not fall perfectly into these guidelines, but then what do you do?
When you download the Lovebug app 📱, your schedules will be customized your YOUR BABY and YOUR family preferences.
- 16-20 hrs of daily sleep
- 4-6 (or more) naps
- No set wake time or bedtime. Baby is nocturnal to start, so the day night rhythm isn’t set yet
- Longest stretch of sleep: 2-4 hours (if you get more - you're lucky!!)
- 1-2 hours wake time
- 15-17 hrs of daily sleep
- 4-5 naps per day
- Baby wont have a "schedule" yet
- Wake time will stretch to 75-90 min around 3 months
- 1-2.5 hours wake time
- Baby's sleep is becoming more organized & baby will transition to 3 naps per day.
- 14-17 hrs of daily sleep
- 3-4 naps per day
- 6-8am wakeup
- Bedtime 5-7pm(ish)
- Wake time 2-2.5 hours
- 14-16 hours of daily sleep
- 3 naps per day
- 6-8am wake up
- 5-7pm(ish) bedtime
- According to the National Sleep Foundation, the majority of 6-9 month olds are sleeping through the night without feedings.
- 14-16 hrs of daily sleep
- 2-3 naps per day
- 6-8am wake up
- Bedtime 5-7:30pm(ish)
- Wake time 3-3.5 hours
- 13-15 hrs of daily sleep
- Your Lovebug will transition fro 2 to 1 nap. Every child is different, but most babies transition in 15-18 month.